medical school interviews

Home Forums Premed Students medical school interviews

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KelddyKelddy
    Participant

If I take the MCAT in 04/03, apply to med school next summer and am blessed with a medical school interview…does anyone know when they are granted? I read in a book that they begin around December? :confused:

spacecadetspacecadet
    Participant

Medical school interviews start in the fall and extend into the spring. I think most schools run interviews September-February, although some start earlier and some end later.

If you get your applications in early (say late June), and do your secondaries promptly, you will probably get fall interviews. Mine were in September and October.

Then you get to wait…

Pam

KelddyKelddy
    Participant

Ok Spacecadet…thank you for your quick response on commenting on my topic. I was just wondering~ to kind of plan everything out…

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

Originally posted by spacecadet:
    [b]Medical school interviews start in the fall and extend into the spring. I think most schools run interviews September-February, although some start earlier and some end later.

If you get your applications in early (say late June), and do your secondaries promptly, you will probably get fall interviews. Mine were in September and October.

Then you get to wait…

Pam[/b]

Just wanted to second spacecadet’s info.

Since you are planning in advance, do be sure to get your AMCAS/AACOMAS app(s) in early (by the end of June) and return the secondaries ASAP. Be ready for getting multiple copies of your transcripts (needed for main app and then again once you are accepted…and some may request with secondaries). Also start thinking of who you will ask to write your letters of recommendation. You don’t need to ask them yet, though.

Good luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.