medicine & childcare

Home Forums General Discussion medicine & childcare

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    2Himweowe2Himweowe
    Participant

Just curious?

What do most of you moms, in medicine or residency do with you children?

What do you find that works?

Is a nanny better than a home provider?
    IS a daycare better than a nanny?

Just want to get a discussion started about options for moms in medicine.

Currently I depend on family support. But my child who is three loves the social aspects of daycare. It seems to work ok, but with the scedule chang in med school, I may have to find an alternative for afterschool hours.

Any suggestions? :goodvibes:

DONOTDELETE ****DONOTDELETE**
    Participant

I would do a forum search, we had a lot of threads about this a couple of months ago (try family and parenting). Everyone had different opinions, but there was a lot of good advice that was brought up. Good luck!

psychpsych
    Participant

We chose the daycare center option for a few reasons. The first is my children are social and verbal and they get a lot of kids to play with (and for my daughter, to boss around!). The second is that they started at 1 year and 8 months respectively, a point at which I was relatively comfortable that they could make themselves heard if they needed something. The third is that if someone gets sick or quits, it’s the director’s job to find a sub, not mine. I just did not want the hassle of dealing with a nanny or daycare home provider who got sick or quit. SO that’s how it worked for us.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.