Moving Toddler to Big Boy/Girl Bed

Home Forums Family & Parenting Moving Toddler to Big Boy/Girl Bed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    shellbellshellbell
    Participant

I was wondering when You all have moved toddler to big bed? My son is 19 months and I think he might be ready but I am not!

Anyone? :p

Michelle

wannaBmdwannaBmd
    Participant

We usually moved our kiddo’s out at 9mo. because they started to climb out of their crib. We put them in either a toddler bed or a twin, but always with all the blankets we could find on the floor, for when they fell out.
    Good luck!
    Diana

shellbellshellbell
    Participant

Thanks Diana, 9 months WOW! That is great. My DD#1 was 22 months, DD#2 3 years old, she loved her crib and now what to do with son. I think he will be easy, we tried the other night he went to sleep but tried to get out a few times. I just am being lazy, because when he goes down in the crib he is down for good 😉

Michelle

FPmommyFPmommy
    Participant

When my son was little, a colleague with a baby his contemporary was asked the question about getting their baby out of the crib, and he said, oh maybe when she’s 10 years old… 😉 I don’t see any rush unless they are climbing out. I am about to get my 27 month old out of her crib because it is causing her to have accidents she wouldn’t have at nap time because she can’t get to the potty instantly. However, we don’t own a bed, so it hasn’t happened yet because I am not organized yet. :p Time is always so short!

psychpsych
    Participant

We moved both of ours out between 2 and 2 1/2. My first moved on to a twin mattress on the floor (no box spring) and kept getting up so we had to double gate the door (he climbed over the bottom gate). He was allowed to get up in the morning and play quietly but we didn’t let him out of the room til we were up to get the gates open. That only lasted a few weeks, after which he did fine with just the door closed. My daughter we moved into a friend’s toddler bed, and she doesn’t get out of it at all. We still go in and get her up in the morning just like when we got her out of the crib. Weird!

bekagainbekagain
    Participant

My experience with our daughter was very similar to psych’s. We moved our daughter to a twin mattress on the floor when she was a little over two. She was able to climb out of her crib, but never did unless we told her she could. She was the same with her bed. She is four and still calls out “Mommy Daddy, I gotta go potty!” at night. We are trying to get her to understand she doesn’t have to do that! 🙂 She is not a super easy, compliant child, so I don’t understand this staying in bed, but I am not complaining. We always let her have music on and books to read, so I think that helps too. Anyway, that’s our story!

Bekah

rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

hmm this is interesting. my son just turned 2 today and i was thinking about converting his bed. it has gates that convert to rails and i was going to put bed rails on it for awhile. it is really low to the ground though. i’ll let you know how it goes!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.