My youngest is now potty-trained!!!

Home Forums Family & Parenting My youngest is now potty-trained!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Med4MomMed4Mom
    Participant

So, my one goal for my Xmas break from school was to work on potty-training our 2.5 year old. She had been showing interest for a while, but we were really inconsistent with her, I guess our lives were so hectic during the school year.

Well, after just two days of staying home with her, SHE IS TRAINED!!! I am soooo happy. I know it doesn’t mean much to you guys… hehe, but at one time we had three 😮 kids in diapers! Now we are done (except at night though :rolleyes: )

Anyway, just thought I’de share this news – thanks for listening.

Mimi

rydysrydys
    Participant

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!

rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

That is great! I wish! I have heard quite a few people talk about their 2.5-3 year olds getting potty trained. I want my son to go to the preschool at my church but he has to be potty trained. he wil be 2.5 by the time that he is supposed to start so there is a chance that he will be but don’t boys take longer to train than girls? anyway we are talking about at least 18 months from now but I do have an alternate plan.
    Congrats again!

Med4MomMed4Mom
    Participant

Bermiegal,

I’ve heard that about boys too – don’t know if it is true. Both of my other children (boy and girl) trained very late, like 3.5 almost 3.75 years. I think that was more due to DH and I than to them. We were just so busy and on the go all the time, we didn’t take the time to be consistent. Also, both kids were very resistant to even trying until then. The upside is that when they trained, it was all completed in one day.

My caregiver raised 4 boys and also cares for several children. She swears that there is almost always a “window of opportunity” with every child at about 2 years. At this point they start to show interest, and if you can grab that lead and run with it, they may train then. Otherwise, you are waiting until 3 or older.

My only advice is to pick a time when you are out of your regular routine (such as Xmas break), and when you are just going to stay home for a few days or a week. And then go for the huge praise (and rewards if you are into that) for even trying to use the potty.

Worked for us. Yahoooooooo!!!! :laughing:

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Great stuff! You’ve given me inspiration now. My youngest is now 2.5 and can go when she wants, now she needs a push. My 4.4 year old though is still pooping in her diapers – STILL working on that :no:

Congrats!
    Sethina

CaLiGirL :)CaLiGirL:)
    Participant

Mimicat,

This may be a bit overdue, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! It feels wonderful to have reached another milestone doesn’t it? Of course this means alot to alot of us. Your story just shows that it’s okay to be “hectic” in life and when you put your mind to it, potty training is VERY doable. The night thing is another story of course. My daughter peed 4 times in one night before :rolleyes: …she’s 4 1/2 y/o right now and she still goes to bed with pull ups…I’m just so tired of washing the sheets, I can put a hole right throught them b/c they’ve been washed so much. But I now see that her pull-ups are consistently dry in the mornings…what a relief!

Once again, congrats and hope everything runs smoothly from here on out.

Take care :wave: ,

~Annie

Med4MomMed4Mom
    Participant

Thanks Caligirl,

Only another mother can really relate to how exciting it is to move out of diapers! 😀

On the nighttime issue, I know exactly how you feel. My 4.5 year old is still wearing pull-ups at night too. I tried both her and her sister (2.5) with underwear for 5 nights last week. I tried waking them at 11 to pee, but they still both wet the bed all five nights! By night 6 I said $%@^& it, and they both are back in pull-ups. Life is just too crazy to deal with extra piles of laundry and tired kids (from waking up wet and having beds changed).

We’ll wait I guess until they take the initiative for night-time training, like our son did at age 5. :rolleyes:

CaLiGirL :)CaLiGirL:)
    Participant

Hey Mimicat!

I think the pull-up thing is wonderful actually. I found that whenever my daughter wet the bed, she would wake up very embarassed. I didnt’ think embarassment would be such an issue for a young child her age but it turned out to be pretty sad 🙁 . So I found that the pull-ups saved her from very embarassing moments. Something that I would rather her not go through. Not to mention the pull-ups helped to save me from doing double the laundry :p !

Anyhow, once again…congratulations. Let us know how it goes!

Take care,

Annie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.