Next undergraduate prerequisite after Bio 101, Chem 101?

Home Forums Premed Students Next undergraduate prerequisite after Bio 101, Chem 101?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    italgirlitalgirl
    Participant

I’m old. I have a bachelor’s degree in English and an MFA in Creative Writing from decades ago.

I’m returning for the third time to my dream of becoming an MD. All I can do at this point is keep taking one step forward, even if it’s one prerequisite course per semester. I took Bio 101, then Chem 101. Then covid hit and I’ve been at home handling my child’s remote schooling. I’m ready to take another course.

What should I go with? Chem 102? Another Bio course?

I’m looking at the University of Chapel Hill’s requirements as it is the med school nearest me.

Chemistry – Three chemistry courses are required including a biochemistry course. Two of the chemistry courses must include the associated laboratories. Organic chemistry would be one of the acceptable courses to fulfill the requirement.

Biological Sciences – Three biology courses are required. Two must be advanced biology courses, and one of the advanced courses, must include a laboratory. Acceptable advanced biology courses include: Microbiology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Physiology, and Genetics.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.