Not that I want to start my first entry this way..

Home Forums Women in Medicine Blogs & Diaries Not that I want to start my first entry this way..

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    clee03mclee03m
    Participant

All three of my sons are asleep in my room. I feel so happy and complete. It is absolutely true that when a family is complete, you feel it. My family is complete. I feel so happy.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

My mom is so wonderful, and I can’t even imagine doing this newborn thing without her.

But….

Dear mother, pointing out my postpartum belly is really not nice. Yes I know it is huge. It is much much bigger than my last two postpartum bellies. No I don’t think it is all swelling. Yes, I probably need to lose more weight than before. Yes, they massaged my uterus at the hospital. I know you are cooking for me and cleaning the house and taking care of the kids and walking the dog and everything else. But it is still not nice.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

I have made a decision to take as many days off as possible once I start working. We have a system where we keep track of extra people available. I am going to take every +1 days off without giving thought to money. I really really can’t stand working with a baby less than a year old at home. Once the kids is older, it gets better. So I have decided with my husband’s whole hearted blessing to maybe eat into our saving this coming year to work as little as possible. Of course my group is majorly expanding, and I am not even sure if we are going to have extra people. Sigh.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

Dang nugget. My AIOs are leaking. I don’t want to spend more on cloth diapers since he is my last. Prefolds scare me, and fitted are too expensive!! I am going to try stuffing them tomorrow with some inserts since my AIOs actually come as pockets. I feel like it is too hot for fleecy. Cloth diaper frustrations.

I want to be a good earth citizen and save some money in the mean time. Is that too much to ask?!

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

I am getting a heat rash on my neck from sweating so much. And this pumpkin soup is so sweet with honey that it makes me nauseated (literally sick to my stomach) every time I eat it. While not doing any work is theoretically nice, it is starting to cause some friction between my husband and me. And just sometimes, I want to just do some laundry to take care of things I need. Instead, I bite my tongue and hold the baby. I am starting to not be in love with this Korean postpartum care.

I am not an ingrate. I love and feel grateful to my mom who has separated herself from my dad and her home to take care of me for over 2 months. My life would be so much harder without her. As Koreans would say, this is a complaint of a person with a full tummy.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

My son is 2 weeks old today. After 2 weeks of baby’s cluster feeding from 1 am to 5 am (meaning no sleep for me) and a bout of a stomach flu, I feel like I am going to die. My mom and my MIL has been very helpful. I don’t know what I would’ve done without them. My husband who has also been helpful looks like how I feel. You know how I had said I would have one more if I knew it would be a girl for sure or that if I could be a SAH I would have two more? I take it back. No more for me. I am done. So done. OMG I think I am going to die.

My baby is the cutest thing on earth. Just wanted to add that bit 😉

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

Is this the real life? Between baby diapers, fleecie, and whatever other force at hand, we are completely and utterly caught up on laundry. This has not happened, well, ever, even before kids, even before marriage, even when we were living in sin.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

I squirted some breast milk into my baby’s eyes. I feel so happy now I have magic fluid for all home remedies at hand once again! Because we all know even coconut oil has its limits.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

I am really hating work. I dragged my butt to a board meeting, having to pump and everything, and the administrator is saying one of the decisions we came to that is important to me financially is not how I remember it. It doesn’t affect most others so no one else is stepping up to correct her. I was touched that the board would be so considerate, so I feel a bit betrayed. I am probably sleep deprived and emotional, and I need to just get over it. Feeling not happy about going back to work.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

With my mom cooking all the meals, cleaning, folding laundry, and watching the baby, with my MIL always available to watch the older kids, with my husband taking same amount of paternity leave, I am absolutely overwhelmed. Laundry is backed up, the house is a mess, kids are bouncing off the wall. And I watched all 3 boys for the first time ever for about 4 hours, and I was not handling it well. Holy cow. I only have two arms.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

Some dude just made me feed my baby in the bathroom. At first, I protested. Surely, in 2014 no woman should have to feed her baby in the bathroom. Feeding a baby in the bathroom is gross. Why would anyone want to eat in the bathroom. Legally you can’t make me. But he was so persistent, I gave in.

Dude’s name is F, and he is only 11 lbs.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

Wow, I am so exhausted. Baby wakes me up at night and wants to party. After I am wide awake, he goes back to sleep. Then I have insomnia. I cosleep. This is not supposed to be this hard. I am in a constant haze of exhaustion punctuated by period of such intense exhaustion I feel like I am going to die. I have the postpartum blues, but who feels like all unicorns and sunshine with so little sleep? My mom goes home Wednesday. I go back to work in 2 weeks. Yes, I am going to use OMG with periods in between. O.M.G.

BTW, don’t worry. I don’t want to kill myself or the baby. Postpartum blues and not depression. Occasionally I do want to kill my husband or my dog though.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

I go back to work in a week. It feels so unnatural to leave my little baby and be apart. I am so exhausted, but I hesitate to ask my MIL to watche the kids while I take a break because I know I won’t see them as much as I would like in a week. My house looks like a war zone. I actually started to wonder at what point do people get sick from the disgusting conditions of a house. At 4 in the morning, instead of sleeping, I am sitting here staring at my sleeping baby. Oh yeah, him and pretty baby wraps for sale on line LOL

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

Just got the word I am working Thursday which I was hoping to get off. They are threatening to possibly making me work Friday as well which is my usual day off. I am on call this weekend. Older kids are going to bed around 7:30. I am on call tonight. Work meeting tomorrow night (at least I am bringing my baby to this). And I am not producing as much milk today. I actually yelled at my husband who was up at 3 in the morning last night washing dishes because it was making the dog whimper which woke me up. I am not seeing my kids enough, and my house looks like a war zone. That is all.

clee03mclee03m
    Participant

“Dr. Clee0, for your privacy, you can use the shower room. There is a bench and everything. That is what the gals who are pumping are doing.” As opposed to pumping in a female locker room. Thanks, lady. And when I need advise on where to pump on my third go around, I will be sure to look you up. I don’t have any problems with pumping in a female locker room. If you feel uncomfortable, I suggest you sit the the shower room. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 153 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.