Online classes

Home Forums Premed Students Online classes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NStanhopeNStanhope
    Participant

Hi Guys
    I was wondering if any of you have taken any online classes for you BA???
    If so which school. Thanks Nel

spacecadetspacecadet
    Participant

I took Technical Writing online at a community college. It wasn’t for my degree, but because I needed another semester of English.

Hope this helps!

Pam

CynthiaCynthia
    Participant

I took programming for scientists from Oregon State University and thought it was outstanding, although I did end up hiring a tutor to help me with the last few assignments. (the class fell under the chemistry designation) –Cynthia

mommd2bmommd2b
    Participant

I took two science classes for my graduate degree. The school was Iowa State University and the courses were Microbiology and Biotechnology and Genetics.

The micro course was a little on the easy side and it was very straight forward. The exams weren’t as challenging as I think that they should have been, but I still learned a lot. The Biotech/Genetics course was quite good and was an incredible help for my major (mol. bio). There were group projects with other students living across the US and live office hours..really neat.

Would I do it again? You bet. There are several places that offer science courses in a distance format. One place I’d check out for ugrad courses is RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology). The courses are taught via dl, but you go up there for a turbo lab session once a semester. Also, the ND system offers some physics classes with online lecture portion and a block lab at the end of the course.

As to the quality…I found the the quality of the biotech coure rivaled that of all of my on-campus coures. This might have been due to the availability of the prof, the intersting assignments..I don’t know…but dl sure beats sitting in a lecture hall with 300-500 students at a big state college for an ugrad biochem class…..

We have a distance learning database at the iMSN (medicalspouse.org) where you should be able to find links to these schools. Browse through the different consortia for the state that you live in too…or do a search for it if it isn’t listed. You might be surprised to find that one of your state schools offers a course you need in a dl format.

Kris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.