Part-Time/Shared Residency

Home Forums General Discussion Part-Time/Shared Residency

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chris146Chris146
    Participant

Hello again ladies. :wave: Do any of you have any information on part-time/shared residencies or know where I can find any? I’m finding it difficult to gather information on this topic. :confused: It sounds like a great idea for resident moms and I’m dying to learn more about it. :goodvibes: Thanks again!

Chris146Chris146
    Participant

Bump :wave:

ButtonButton
    Participant

I was not aware that there was such a thing as shared residency. Does that include sharing internship?

rydysrydys
    Participant

From my understanding (3rd hand hearing about someone who did it) Its not as great as it sounds. It usually is just extra vacation months, and a prolonged residency course. For example, you might work every other month for 6 years instead of every month for 3, but the months that you do work are regular residency months with call, 30 hour days, etc. The person I heard about who did it was a man whose wife was also a resident. They worked alternate months so someone was always home with the kids. I personally think that what kids need most is consistancy. They will adapt to a crazy schedule as long as it is consistant and that changing the schedule every month will only confuse and upset them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.