pediatric intern in NYC available to mentor

Home Forums Mentoring – Become a Mentor pediatric intern in NYC available to mentor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dr . suzdr. suz
    Participant

Hi. I just graduated from UCSF medical school where I helped establish a women’s mentoring program. This summer I will begin a pediatric residency program at Mt. Sinai Hospital in New York City. Although I don’t totally know what to expect from residency, I am willing to form a mentoring relationship via email – with the caveat that it might take me a couple days to respond at times. I am recently married to a second-year medical student, and although my maternal instincts are strong, we have decided to wait until after residency to have children. Professionally, I am interested in pediatric oncology and issues of care at the end of life. Personally, I enjoy swing dancing, country-line dancing, exercising, traveling, reading, crocheting, and long talks with old friends over good food.

dianag825dianag825
    Participant

Hi all. Dr Sus inspired me to post as well. I am a 30 year old psychiatry resident (PGY4 as of July 1, 2002!!) in NYC, and would be happy to strike up a conversation with anyone looking for advice or camaraderie. By way of background, I grew up in the midwest and attended Ivy League college and med school, where I also did a lot of advising and admissions work. No kids, am about to be married this fall (anyone else out there trying to plan a wedding in between on-call shifts?). Would be glad to chat with anyone contemplating med school, psychiatry, life in general.

dawnbkdawnbk
    Participant

Bonjour!
    I am a mature 😎 premed student in New York and would love to be mentored by anyone who is willing to share. I have posted on the finding a mentor forum and I am not sure that I should even post here :confused: . However, if you are willing to share, I am anxious to learn.
    Thank you,
    Dawn :p
    NY

rydysrydys
    Participant

I’d love to volunteer as an e-mail mentor. I’m a third year resident at Maimonides in Brooklyn, NY, and I have 3 great kids. I usually check my e-mail at least once a day, but may not always be able to respond instantly.

dawnbkdawnbk
    Participant

I can not be on this side of the forum 🙁 . However, please email me at dawnbk@mommd or dbkirnon@aol.com. Thanks so much for responding 😀 !

BBdocBBdoc
    Participant

Hi! I am a pedi in solo private practice, single mom with 3 kids…6 cats…. I participate in various mentorship programs with UTHSC (U TX)with mostly women in various stages of their Medical training, we all need mentors and role models no matter where we are in life!! My eldest is in NYU, my daughter is a 9th grader and my youngest is in 5th grade. I’d love to hear from y’all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.