pharmacist who wants to be an md

Home Forums Premed Students pharmacist who wants to be an md

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ranyeranye
    Participant

i am a pharmacist but i want to be a doctor .i didn’t study in the usa so i’ll have to go back to school. the thing is that i don’t know whether i should shelve my dream. i have a 2 yr old and an 8 month old and the third is on the way.is it possible at allshould i do a post bacc or what

efex101efex101
    Participant

Anything is possible if you have the will to pursue your dream. If you know what being a physician entails as far as hours go, pay, etc. you should pursue this goal. Your best bet to see what you need to do is set up an appointment with the dean of admissions of a medical school nearby. State your situation and see what they recommend. I am not sure what will transfer to an undergraduate institution coming from a foreing school, so it is best to ask someone in the know. Most mature students either pursue a post-bacc or just go back to a local undergrad school and take the classes required for entrance to med school. Being a pharmacist I am assuming that most of those pre-reqs are fulfilled for you, so maybe you should take other upper level biology/chemistry courses. Make some phone calls set up appointments and see what the adcom’s say. Keep us posted!

ranyeranye
    Participant

thankyou so much, i’ve been calling around and it seems i still have to do at least 1 yr of premed here so i’ll get that under my belt and see about applying

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.