Physicians supporting husbands

Home Forums Women Physicians Physicians supporting husbands

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GracieThreeGracieThree
    Participant

Hi – I’m just curious to know how many women docs are financially supporting their husbands. I know of a couple of women locally who fall into this category. Any takers?

ladysurgladysurg
    Participant

My husband stays home with the children. I work. I guess I never thought of it as supporting my husband since we are a team. I t works for us and I don’t know how I would do it any other way. Michele

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

I know of a number of women physicians with husbands staying home. I really think it is a team effort rather than one supporting the other, just as my husband has not been “supporting” me all of the years that I have been a SAHM. It seems to me that they are just different means of keeping the family and household together…even though only one has a paycheck.

GracieThreeGracieThree
    Participant

Thank you for your replies. I gather the stay at home husbands stayed home with children.

You are so right – one person working outside the home, and one taking care of children and a household, regardless of the gender of the breadwinner, is teamwork. I should have specified, that was not what I was asking about. 😮 I was wondering if there were any women physicians whose husbands stayed home and did NOT take care of children. I was interested in the dynamics of that type of relationship, since that is not “the norm”.

Don’t know if there will be that many replies on a MOMMD forum, since so many of us are moms and therefore kids are involved! 🙂

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification.

I don’t know of any women Drs that have non-working husbands at home without kids. I do know of some where the husbands don’t quite work full-time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.