refinancing loans

Home Forums General Discussion refinancing loans

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rydysrydys
    Participant

I’m finishing my residency this year and realized that my loan payments are going to be higher than my mortgage! Does anyone know how to refinance private student loans? all the refinancing info I’ve been getting has been for federal loans or specific loans, but mine is through my school.

Thanks!
    Rivka

docnrolldocnroll
    Participant

I guess the question is can you qualify for a loan, do you own a house or can you get a home equity loan or any loan….

Loan rates are so good now that you could get the loan pay off your student loans(if they allow prepayment without penalty… ) and then pay the new loan at the lower rate over time…b

rydysrydys
    Participant

I’ve thought about just getting another loan, but I’d like to keep this a student loan for tax purposes. Thanks for the idea, though.

Rivka

GracieThreeGracieThree
    Participant

I feel your pain, my student loan payment is more than twice my mortgage. Needless to say, we are going to stay in this house until we just absolutely have to move.

Good luck on the refinancing.

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Try this link http://www.qksrv.net/click-544390-4210645

Financialaid.com apparently can help reduce monthly payments but up to 54%. That link will take you there AND MomMD will get a referral fee if you sign up! Good luck,

Sethina

docnrolldocnroll
    Participant

Good point although a home equity loan is very effective for tax deductions…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.