Secondary Apps…Help!

Home Forums Medical Students Secondary Apps…Help!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lorilori
    Participant

Hi all! I posted a question regarding personal statements for the secondary apps on the General Discussion page. Can someone please take a look at it and give me some feedback? I can really use the help of med students that have been there already. I have no idea how long these statements have to be or anything! I would like to get them out ASAP. Thanks so much!!!!!

KelddyKelddy
    Participant

Hi Lori…I am still an undergraduate planning to apply to med school in 06/03. However, my husband bought me a great book “Medical School Admissions:The Insiders Guide”, by Zebala/Jones/Jones. Anyway I read it throughout the summer and found alot of useful hints…the last chapter is nothing but essays ~ which can sort of give you an idea of what to write about(inspirational). All the essays vary from 1 pg. to 3 pgs. Maybe you can go hang out at Borders for a day and look them over…just be careful~ in the book it states that admission committees remember a good essay when they read one…so extra caution on any quotes. Just a heads up! By the way is the admissions process as hectic as they,make it seem? Take care and good luck!

lorilori
    Participant

Hi Kelldy!
    Thank you for the advice. I talked to my advisor and she can’t figure out why I am finding this part of the app process stressful. It is difficult because they ask you such a specific essay question. I found the personal statement section in the primaries easy (which many do not). Is the process hectic? I would be a liar if I said no. There is alot of information that needs to get out, but if you prepare in advance, taking each step slowly, it isn’t that bad. Just don’t wait until the last minute to get your primaries in. Give yourself a few weeks to complete them instead of taking 8-12 hours to do it in one day. I found my HPEC board was more trouble than the app process. Good luck with the courses. I wish you the best. In my opinion, the app process isn’t too bad. It is just the anticipation of waiting to see whether or not you are going to get an interview.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.