Sermo!

Home Forums Women Physicians Sermo!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AnnaMAnnaM
    Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/s267/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

OK, anyone who is not a member of Sermo, the physicians-only discussion site, here is your chance to win (possibly) big bucks. Sermo has selected the names of 5 physicians who are NOT current members of Sermo and designated those 5 docs as mystery “Dr. Sermo’s”. No one, including the 5 docs, apparently, knows who they are. If any of those five docs (who I assume were chosen from state licensing rolls) joins Sermo using the link of an existing member, both the new member doc and the one who referred them win $5000.

This is my link, if anyone wishes to join Sermo using it:

https://app.sermo.com/join?source_id=ru14228

If you don’t wish to use my link, you can go to Sermo (www.sermo.com) and sign up directly without using my link or anyone else’s. If you are one of the 5 mystery “Dr. Sermo’s”, you would still win $5000, but no one will win for your referral. If you are already a member of Sermo, you are not one of the 5 mystery “Dr. Sermo’s”

It costs nothing to join Sermo. All you need is a valid U.S. Medical License. It’s actually a fun community of docs where the discussion ranges from clinical stumpers to politics to where we spent our last vacations. I have been a member for several years and it is something I still enjoy doing, even though I am retired from active practice. I even occasionally get a few bucks for responding to clinical and industry postings or filling out surveys.

So, if you haven’t joined, give it a shot. You never know.

Full disclosure: There is also a prize for the doc who gets the most referrals–I think it’s $1000 but I accidentally closed that window just now. If you join and you are not “Dr. Sermo”, you can turn around and try to get other docs to join using your link.

sahmdsahmd
    Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/s267/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

AnnaM, you beat “fertility” to it this time! 🙂

AnnaMAnnaM
    Participant

LOL. Actually, if I remember correctly, I think I beat fertility to it previously, but I can’t find the old post.

Note: The first clue to the identities of the 5 “Dr. Sermo’s” is that THREE of them are female.

PopcornPopcorn
    Participant

Hm… I’m a member, and I do love me some Sermo!

floridaFPfloridaFP
    Participant

5 mystery physicians out of hundreds of thousands of MDs in the U.S.? Doesn’t sound like very good odds of winning. How many MDs actually use Sermo anyways? I’ve been a long time fan of ePocrates for many years and just found out about this new service called Doximity that was created by the same team that created ePocrates. It’s like a private facebook for doctors with secure messaging which gives it huge potential. It’s free in apple’s app store.
    http://www.doximity.com

AnnaMAnnaM
    Participant

No, not very good odds, but it’s free and quick to enter (sign up for Sermo), so what have you got to lose? Sermo has somewhere over 100,000 docs on board, or at least that was the last figure, but that was several months ago. I don’t know how many use it regularly, but there are quite a few and the discussions are interesting. I have also earned several hundred dollars in honoraria since I joined, and could be earning more if I was still in active practice.

rydysrydys
    Participant

I joined some years ago and was active for a while, but never figured out how people make money off of it. How does that work?

AnnaMAnnaM
    Participant

Click on the entries under the heading “From Industry” on the left side of your index page. Headings are “surveys”, “posts” and “panels” I think. It used to be they would pay you 5 or 10 bucks just to respond to posts from industry about new medicines, etc, but I haven’t seen much of that lately. I don’t do the surveys anymore because I don’t prescribe anymore, but I’m told they still pay for those.

EemaMDEemaMD
    Participant

I just enjoy reading the postings on Sermo. Some are too, too funny.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.