Shadowing….

Home Forums Premed Students Shadowing….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mommd2bmommd2b
    Participant

I just wanted to share that I was able to go in to work with my husband and do rounds, etc Tues for the first time….I’ll be doing this regularly this semester….It’ll be a fun way to explore the medical field and spend time together. We had a really fascinating day on Tuesday, and I realized how important this really is to me. I also realized that I’ll need to take things a little slower if I’m going to prepare myself well and be ready to really devote myself to the profession when the time comes….

I just wanted to share.

Kris

rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

that is great that you have to opportunitiy to shadow like that. i am struggling to find someone to shadow.

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

If you’re having trouble finding someone here are a couple of ideas.

Talk to your Dr, kids’ Dr, etc. See if either they or someone they know is willing to let you do some shadowing.

Call the school(s) you are planning on applying to and see if they can refer you to a Dr (or maybe call one of the departments–like Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery, etc–directly. The Drs on staff with the school are used to having students and residents around, so it usually doesn’t disrupt their work day as much.

Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.