Shared Residency – Pediatrics

Home Forums Medical Students Shared Residency – Pediatrics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tafsr1Tafsr1
    Participant

Hi! Currently a 3rd year medical student- anyone interested in a shared pediatric residency on the East coast for the 2014-2015 match cycle?

Just curious- I’m looking into the option.

Thanks!

niashniash
    Participant

Good luck with that one– from one of many Moms here who tried and found out it is really not an option. It appears that you have to be a really solid candidate to get something like this with best of the grades and scores etc. It is kinda’ weird because most Moms are not gunners for obvious reasons.

southernmdsouthernmd
    Participant

I don’t know about that…you can have crazy high scores and great credentials and not be a toxic gunner. I do know a ton of Moms who are incredibly accomplished and did very very well in medical school. Several of the ladies on this board that I know in the non-internet world are exactly who I am thinking of when I say that. I think it is hard to label. That said, I don’t know anyone who has ever done a part-time residency.

niashniash
    Participant

There are always exceptions to the rule- a lot also depeds on when the mom had the child/children. Most of my classmates got pregnant in 3rd yr while only three of us had small children going in. Some also had a stay-at-home dad, some did not. Anyhow, most moms opted for less demanding fields. Again, there are always excpetions ike you, southernmd who seems to be pretty smart and nice 🙂

southernmdsouthernmd
    Participant

🙂 Well thank you. I’ll claim the nice for sure (every other Tuesdays and on non night float weeks. Ha)! LOL.

I like to make sure our posters know we have very smart Moms out there! I do think we need more moms with info on shared residencies. I’ve seen this on Frieda, but I have never seen anyone actually do one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.