stay home?

Home Forums Career stay home?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jessiejessie
    Participant

I am a pediatrician who recently relocated due to my husband’s job change. I am currently unemployed and 3 months post-partum with no job lined up. I was previously in private practice part-time and loved my job. Now I am ambivalent about returning to work. I was in med school when my first child was born and missed out on a lot. I vowed to take at least 4 to 6 months off to enjoy this new baby. Now I feel I must start considering returning to work. I am trying to sort out my feelings before beginning a job search. I do not “need” to work for financial reasons and am only considering part-time due to quality of life issues (two MD family). Would appreciate insight from other mom MD’s.

KrystalKrystal
    Participant

I wonder why you typed, “I feel I MUST start considering returning to work” (emphasis mine). I would try to decide where this is coming from, since it doesn’t seem you can say you WANT to return to work. Do what is going to make you happy! Life is too short, and if you have the luxury financially to be with your children full time, then hold off on work until you really want or need it for your happiness.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.