STEP 2 Advice? What’s the SECRET to doing well?

Home Forums Medical Students STEP 2 Advice? What’s the SECRET to doing well?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andrea JanAndrea Jan
    Participant

:crossfingers:

Andrea Jan

eeh2004eeh2004
    Participant

I second this! I just scheduled my Step 2 exam for December 29th and have had NO time to study. I’ve gotten so much varied advice from “do nothing” to “do everything” that I’m all confused. Help!

EM momEM mom
    Participant

I used a book called “Prescription for the boards” which cost about $35. Although it was by no means comprehensive, I thought it did a good job outlining the things you would have to know. I also think that the best studying for step 2 is to well on rotations. A lot of step 2 is just basic pathophysiology and pharmacology.

Keep in mind, Step 2 is not the same esoteric material that is on step 1, for the most part is the things that you have to know to treat patients. All of seem to be able to learn this info more easily (less face it, it IS more interesting) and everyone I know did better on step 2 than step 1 (I did almost 25 points better…and I had done pretty well on step 1!). I also studied a lot less for Step 2 than Step 1, not to say that I didn’t study but it wasn’t as organized!

Good luck, you’ll both do fine!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.