Tell us your backgrounds!

Home Forums Introductions & Connections Tell us your backgrounds!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

Hey, all! I know many of you have introduced yourselves as to how old you are, how many kids, married etc, but I would like to get a better feel for who you all are. So it is only fair that I first tell you mine:
    I grew up very poor single mom family, surrounded by a neighborhood full of drugs,crime and uneducation. Yeah, I went through some rough times. But those times made me who I am today. And ya know, I was a VERY happy child. I wouldnt change my childhood or the way I grew up for any- thing looking in retrospect as an adult. I learned invaluable lessons in life. It is part of my success.

maggie52maggie52
    Participant

Middle classs out in the woods- suburban public schools…one brother, two parents, one cat…played the flute somewhat competitively…fairyl strict Catholic parents…owe all the success to them! :yes:

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

I know all you guys came from somewhere, come on, what’s your background?!

M -AM-A
    Participant

Well, it’s hard to tell people my background but here goes:

I grew up in a poor single parent household, mainly in “the projects”. I dealt with many hard times growing up, but I survived! I suppose it made me a stronger person in the end, but I hope when I have kids that I will be better at providing for them financially because it has caused me a lot of problems, like not being able to go back to school!

M-A

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

M-A,
    I didnt know that about you. I can definately identify with the hardships about going back to school and never having financially able parents to help. It sure would make things easier. But on second thought, if my mom was able in the first place, I would have taken it for granted long ago. Growing up (as a teen) I was embarrassed of my family’s situation, but I have decided that it is what has made me, it molded me into the person I am. I am soo thankful for the lessons, experiences, I had and learned in life. I am very wise. I feel like I am better to understand people and their diversities because of it. I learned what the bonds were that held these people down, and what initiated them—how I could change it for me and my generations to come. This is, and is going to be the key to my success. I am proud. I am proud of that green house with a partially dilapitated front porch, with a wooden fence that has several missing pieces because that house tells a story, my story, the things I have overcome in my life. For anyone to understand me, and to see my accomplishments, they need to know my beginnings.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.