the flu vaccine

Home Forums Debates, Issues & Talk the flu vaccine

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    megboomegboo
    Participant

As a speech therapist who worked with kids birth-3, I am so overwhemlingly pro-vaccine. I’ve seen some really sick kids because the parents didn’t vaccinate, and a lot more kids with developmental delays because of illnesses related to NOT vaccinating than related to anything that has been (wrongly) linked to vaccines (autism, etc). I find it very sad that parents would willingly allow their children to be so vulnerable. But that’s their decision I guess. All we can do is educate and pray they listen.

When it comes to drug recalls and black-box warnings… on one hand they should be questioned, on the other a caveat on just how dangerous it really is. Droperidol instantly comes to mind…

Docmomof4Docmomof4
    Participant

Megboo-that is very interesting. What types of devel delays fromillnesses related to not vaccinating have you seen? I have some patients who are anti vaccine and I would love to have more info about this to counsel them….

megboomegboo
    Participant

Measles encephalitis, rubella deafness (although this was a case of an unimmunized mother), sequelae from seizures after severe pertussis hypoxia, are just a few that come to mind.

Finding these kids are rare, but I covered a 300 square mile area for home health, so I came across rarities more often than most probably. A lot of kids with autism or odd, and many had familial occurrences. One family had 3 children with autism. One twin was spared. Sad.

PopcornPopcorn
    Participant

Don’t forget HIB meningitis! We see so few cases of pediatric meningitis now… that’s a lot of kids who aren’t deaf or blind or brain damaged.

megboomegboo
    Participant

I never saw any related to HIB, but I know they’re out there.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.