Think i am going to have to cancel interview

Home Forums Premed Students Think i am going to have to cancel interview

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #60937
    rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

    I postponed my Interview at Morehouse College of Medicine because of bad weather on Friday. I sounds strange to do it a few days in advance but we had only a taste today of what it is going to be on friday and it took me 2 hours to get to work! someting that normally takes 20-30 minutes! It is supposed to be doubly bad on friday and i would have to leave my house at 4:15am, to catch the plan ot atlanta.
    anyway, Morehouse graciously changed my interview to 2/7 when i called this morning. i got back to my desk and gagged- that is the day before my son’s first birthday party! my hsuband is really concerned that i will get stuck in atlanta and wants me to change it. how can i change it without looking bad?

    besides, i pretty much know that we can’t move there. i know it in my heart anyway, not my head. i just really wanted to see the school and keep the possibility open and hoped that things would change. however they wont’. my husband just got a promotion at his job here and is aginst moving. So i am thinking that i should probably just cancel the interview. it hurts though because i’ve only had 1 other interview and have another pending. :weeping:

    Oh well. Sigh 🙁

    #60939
    RayRay
    Participant

    Hi there,

    Just wanted to cheer you up a little. I actually went to undergrad across the street from Morehouse (Spelman). Anyway, I tried to put myself in your shoes and I can only ask you if you don’t do this will you be able to enjoy your son’s birthday? I mean I have two kids (18months and 3) and I owe it to them to be happy for me. I am a much better mother when I am content. With that said, I’d go through with the interview…see the school. Either way you might be able to put some things to rest (maybe you won’t even like the school). I think you owe it to yourself. You’ve worked hard to get to this point. If it were me, I’d go and when I returned I’d be able to live with myself regardless of the outcome.

    Much love,

    Ray

    #60941
    spacecadetspacecadet
    Participant

    Wow, that’s a tough one! Especially since you already rescheduled. You probably need to have a heart-to-heart with your husband and see if it if feasible for you to go there or not. If not, it might only be more frustrating to go to the interview.

    Maybe if you call the school and tell them that you want to be sure you’ll be done on time, etc, they might offer to let you reschedule without your actually having to ask?

    I wish I could be more help, but this is a tough decision between two things which are very important to you personally! 🙁

    Pam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.