Using this forum.

Home Forums Introductions & Connections Using this forum.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sethina1Sethina1
    Participant

Hello,

Before posting a message to this forum it is VERY IMPORTANT to read the guidelines posted here – http://www.mommd.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=8

This forum is only to be used for advertising yourself as a potential mentor. If you have general advice about medicine, starting or changing careers etc, please use the other message areas. Messages will be moved to other forums if they do not follow the guidelines mentioned above.

Think of this as a classified ad for yourself. Potential mentees will read what you write and contact you based upon what you write here. Think carefully about what you write!

Posts here should read something like this (with your specifics):

TITLE: Pediatric mentor available for Resident or Medical Student, Los Angeles

As a successful pediatrician with 15 years experience (the last 7 in my own practice) is available for mentoring up to two residents or medical students. I am available via email on a regular basis. I attended xyz medical school and had a baby during my third year. I had a second child during my second year of residency and know all about balancing career and family. I can offer guidance on selecting a specialty, interviewing, on the job experience with male colleagues!

You get the idea!!

Good luck and THANK YOU for offering your services.

Sethina Edwards
    MomMD.com President

momof3momof3
    Participant

Neurologist available for mentoring
    I am a 33 year old mother of 3 married to a physician who has been out in private practice for 4 years and is willing to mentor 2 medical students or residents per year. I am available by email on a regular basis. I did my medical school at the University of Miami and my residency and fellowship at Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. I had one child in residency, one in fellowship, and one while out in practice. I am not perfect at the “balancing act” but can tell you what has worked for me. 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.