VERY old pre-reqs

Home Forums Thinking of a Becoming a Doctor VERY old pre-reqs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    brigabriga
    Participant

Is there anyone out there who has pre-reqs older than 10 years? If yes, do you plan to re-take the courses? Or, perhaps take a test prep/review course – such as Kaplan?

Also, how difficult is it REALLY to get into med school once past 35 years of age?

Doc201XDoc201X
    Participant

Hi!

Some of my prereqs are 18 years old 😮 , but I have a Master’s of Science that’s 4 years old so I haven’t yet been told by any of the schools I’ve contacted that I need to retake them.

What you will need no matter how old your prereqs are is some recent academic coursework, at least that’s what I’ve been told. I also think it’s a good idea becasue in my expereince, getting into the habit of studying again takes some work.

As to how hard getting into medical school is being over 35, I personally think focusing on age is the wrong approach. You should focus on presenting the best application no matter how old you are. A good “application package” will get you into a medical school no matter how old you are.

Good Luck!!!

efex101efex101
    Participant

As long as you can “hack” it who cares how old you are? you do have to prove via recent coursework if you can do well in medical school. So if your premed courses are really old then yes, you will have to take some courses now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.