What can one do w/ a degree is Chem or Biology?

Home Forums Premed Students What can one do w/ a degree is Chem or Biology?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MarilynMarilyn
    Participant

I’m trying to look ahead a bit here…

What kind of job opportunities are there for Chem and Biology majors (not masters degrees, just undergrad majors)?

I was thinking that if I majored in Chem or Biology and did not get into med school my first try (or whatever), then what kinds of job opportunities are there for people with those degrees?

I think a big fear of mine is I would have a Chem or Bio degree, not get into med school and then what? Where can I find out more about jobs for Bio and Chem majors?

Marilyn

LaramisaLaramisa
    Participant

Depends on what your interests are. If you want to stay focused on science you could work as a lab technician at a university or industry. If you want to go into business (like biotech) you could combine it with a masters in a business or finance field. Or you could teach. Or go on for an advanced research degree. Just a few ideas. I was a double major in chemistry and biology.

EM momEM mom
    Participant

Pharmaceutical industry, education (you may need to combine some education classes while still an undergrad), lab tech, lab teacher at undergrad college, plenty of grad oppotunities-MPH, Med Tech, PhD, Masters, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.