What happens if you dont get accepted????

Home Forums Premed Students What happens if you dont get accepted????

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashley_dup1Ashley_dup1
    Participant

Hi everyone

i was wondering what happens if you dont end up being accepted to medical school has this ever happened to anyone? And then what do you do if that happens?!? :boggled:

UCLABruinUCLABruin
    Participant

Most people have a “Plan B” for if they don’t get into medical school. That’s why it’s good to major in something you enjoy. If you DON’T get into medical school, you are still stuck with your major. Hopefully, it is something that you would be happy doing if you aren’t accepted into medical school.

Some people apply again if they don’t get in the first time. If you want it badly enough to go through the application cycle a second time, that’s great. However, keep in mind that it gets to be very expensive.

JumpuJumpu
    Participant

I’m currently in that position. I don’t think I will be accepted for this year’s entering class, so I have already applied to a couple masters programs to improve my academic background and plan on reapplying this june.

JumpuJumpu
    Participant

Yay! Just found out I got into one of my masters programs! If I complete this one year degree at Finch, I have an excellent shot at being accepted this year with advanced standing. I’m so excited! :cloud9: It definitely is not the end of the world if you don’t get in the first time, as I’m now discovering. If anyone has any questions regarding this program, please don’t hesitate to ask.

csiam0716csiam0716
    Participant

Hey ladies,
    My 2cents :twocents: is that I am applying to nursing school as my plan “B” at the same time as doing my premed prereqs. If I don’t get in then I will work as a nurse for a couple of years then become a certified nurse midwife. I love pregnant ladies! 😀 I am 39 now with 4 kids and if I get to matriculate in 2005 I will be 42. OMG!!! :laughing: I may decide to apply for 2 years and then give up, I don’t know how much of a glutton for punishment I will be. :yikes:
    Anyway, I agree that everyone needs a plan B.

Jumpu, congratulations on your master’s program! 🙂 As you seem so very knowledgeable, do you know if there is one like that in Texas?

Later Ladies,
    Cindy

JumpuJumpu
    Participant

Wow that is a huge compliment! Now I’ll have to invent info to keep you interested! 😉 Actually I really don’t know anything about Texas except that it seems a little bit easier to get in if you are a resident. Let me look around and see what else I can find for you.

rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

Hi! I might be in that situation this year. and truthfully although i have a few options, i don’t know what i am going to do besdies the fact that I DO know that i am not going to stay in this job i am in now. if i decide to reapply right away i probably will retake the mcat and enroll at a postbac certificate program at the school i am interested in. if i dont’ reapply, i might just stay home for awhile and do medical transcription. i have had a difficult year with my son for day care and want to have another child so i might just stay home and do that. there are other options if i bag med school altogether like a physician’s assistant or pathology assistant program.
    although med school is my dream, i am now at peace with the fact that i may not get in and that it may not be for me.
    Vanessa

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.