What inspired you….

Home Forums Premed Students What inspired you….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mommd2bmommd2b
    Participant

to become a physician? I thought this would be a fun, motivating topic to talk about.

Kris

BeckieBeckie
    Participant

You’re right!! This is a very inspirational topic. I’m not a physician yet, but I plan to be in the next ten years. LOL!!! I have a long way to go.

The thing that motivates me to become one is the idea of reaching a goal that I never thought was possible before. I have always admired people that were doctors. I think that it must take so much dedication, determination, and endurance.

There is also another reason. I found out recently that I have a lump in my breast (I’m still trying to get a biopsy). This leads me to believe that God is telling me to help people with the same thing. I am really interested in radiation oncology. I would love to help people with cancer.

Take care,
    Beckie

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Great topic, Kris!

What motivated me, (after years in high school and college thinking I wasn’t smart enough) was when my daughter had her open-heart surgery at 5 weeks old. Being around the suberb medicine at Texas Children’s Hosp, the families who shared the ICU waiting room with us, and then being home with my healthy child had a major impact on my feelings about the call to medicine.

I also had time as a SAHM to consider what I wanted to do with my career and what it would take to get into med school. I talked to several med students and a couple of doctors in my extended family. Once I started taking those prereq’s (I have a BA) I was hooked!

I even managed to prove to myself what everyone had been telling me for years, I am smart enough! :laughing:

Theresa

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.