what to do

Home Forums Introductions & Connections what to do

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    DONOTDELETE ****DONOTDELETE**
    Participant

hi, iam a gynaecologist, from india. my husband, m.d.in public health is doing his m.p.h. from U.S.C(u.s.).iam in india with a daughter (5). here i have a very good rapport with my patients, the thing that , satisfies me most. offcourse. ido want to come u.s. for higher studies in my field, but i doubt, about my daughter’s future there can i clear usmle, with all my responsibilities.please i need your support.

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Hi! 🙂 First of all, I think you’ve come to the right place!

Have you posted your questions on the Doctor forum? I confess I know nothing about USMLE and doctors coming from overseas, but I’m sure one of us can point you to some useful information.

What is your concern about your daughter’s future? Are you concerned about her education if you come to the US, or about staying in India?

Please Private message me if you like and keep posting questions here! Hopefully we can help!
    Theresa

angelangel
    Participant

Neelampuneet,

Hello, it is good to hear from someone in medicine from across the world. I know that moving to the the US with your daughter would be a big change. I have been to India several times; (U.P., Kerela, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan)
    I suggest you post on the doctor forum as well, there are women that may be able to help you. I am still a student, but will do anything I can to help you. Feel free to personal message me!

Angel

Participant

hi’theresa, thanks for your reply.I find this site of great help for me.

Participant

hi’angel, it’s great to hear from someone who has visited the india. I’m from delhi. ihave done both my graduation and post graduation from u.p.I’m planing to prepare for mle, as i’m not doing my practice nowadays.can i look forward,to have a reply from your side.I know being a medical student you might be very busy. neelam.

angelangel
    Participant

Neelam,

Hello! It is good to hear from someone in India. I love your country. I miss the Chai! I have visited Delhi too. A very busy city! I enjoyed my stay there. I have a friend that lives in Allahabad, I was in Allahabad for the Kumbh Mela just over one year ago. That was incredible!

I am not a medical student yet, I am still working on my undergraduate degree. I have gotten started in college a little late, since I did much travelling when I was younger.

Have you decided to try and move the the US with your daughter?

Angel

Participant

As a foreign medical grad myself – I know the hoops you have to go through to practice in the US. Having said this all of the doctors I know who have been trained in India do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL on the USMLE. It is an expensive process but well worth it. First look at the ECFMG website and make sure that the school you graduated from is listed on their list of approved schools. After this, apply to sit for the Step 1 AND Step 2. Now, if you are a little unsure about basic sciences do a Kaplan course – I know that this one is excellent. You will also need to take the TOEFL and the CSA. The CSA is only held in Philadelphia at the moment but it is very standard and you should have no trouble. It is a daunting process – good luck and post if you have any questions. Ciao!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.