What to do with my last 2 weeks???

Home Forums Residents What to do with my last 2 weeks???

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    eeh2004eeh2004
    Participant

Well, the end of my maternity leave is drawing near. I put off joining my residency for 3 months because I had my baby in June. At the time, 3 months seemed like an eternity! I will be a new intern in Family Medicine (accelerated program—I actually just finished up third year) starting October 1st but have to make up 2 weeks of Internal Medicine in MICU because I delivered early. I’ve done nothing but admire my baby and try to get as much sleep as possible since June. I have not studied for Step 2 and have barely touched journals or anything medical since then. So now, what should I do to be prepared, or is there anything that I can do? I have this overwhelming sense of dread that is creeping up on me and keeping me up at night (I’m up enough already!!!!) even though I’ve known this program and this hospital since starting medical school. Any thoughts or comments appreciated…

momofchrismomofchris
    Participant

Hi Erin! Congrats again on your little one. I’m sure you’ll do great as an ART.
    One thing that occurs to me is to pump and freeze as much breastmilk as you can, if you aren’t already doing so. Breastmilk will keep for 2 months or more in your freezer.
    Have you decided what you’re doing for childcare yet? If you’re using daycare, make sure you have all the paperwork filled out, immunization records up to date, and supplies purchased that you need, etc.
    BTW I sent you an email a couple of weeks ago- not sure if I had the right address, though…did you get it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.