When do I start my life?

Home Forums Medical Students When do I start my life?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JenniDJenniD
    Participant

Hi, I am a 1st semester med student, soon to be 25 years old.I must say that after 4 weeks of embryology,I feel like running to the nearest fridge and freezing my eggs to avoid any mutations (haha).Anyway, my boyfriend is a firefighter w/the FDNY, and he wants to get married and start a family,but I am so scared.When will I find the time!I want to quit med school everyday,I just don’t want to be an absentee wife or mother.I am willing to settle for a less demanding specialty, but I just don’t know when I should plan having kids or even get married.Any words of advice???

residentmomresidentmom
    Participant

This IS your life. 😉

So, if you want certain things in it, you are going to have to make them happen yourself. If you want to get married, then do it. If you want kids, then have some. It sounds like nothing but fear is keeping you from having everything you want. 🙂

I am a 4th year, finishing in 4 years, and I am pregnant with our second child. Meanwhile, I am trying to couples match with my husband, who is also a 4th year and for some reason wants to be a surgeon. Is it harder for me than my classmates? Probably. Do I sleep less? No doubt. Would I do it this way again? In a heartbeat.

I always have to remind myself that medicine is my JOB… not my LIFE. It helps to keep things in perspective. 😉

Good luck to you in making a lot of tough decisions! :wave: (This has been my tough-love talk. 😉 )

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.