When Should I Take The MCAT?

Home Forums Premed Students When Should I Take The MCAT?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Financial2MedicalFinancial2Medical
    Participant

I guess this thread fits in with my question. Like I have stated in a previous post in other threads, I have an accounting/finance background. I have never had any science courses, no physics, no calculus, no trig, etc. I have had college algebra, stats, quantitative analysis, which probably would be of no use. I will begin Post Bacc classes starting probably next summer or fall. I am going to try to take 2 classes a semester to get in all of my pre-reqs. My question is, when should I take the MCAT. Should I finish all of my classes first, or take it in the April before I finish or what?

efex101efex101
    Participant

Take all your classes first and make sure to check the new MCAT format starting next April at http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/start.htm
    This is the official MCAT web page and there are some changes ahead (good ones)

spacecadetspacecadet
    Participant

You probably want to have the majority of your science classes completed when you take the MCAT. Lots of people take it simultaneously with Organic II, physics II, or upper lever biology. You don’t really need to have had the labs for the MCAT (although organic lab is possibly useful).

It’s best to take the MCAT in April of the year you are applying. So, figure out when you’ll be ready to apply and back it up from there. Remember, you also don’t absolutely have to complete all of your prereqs before you apply – only before you matriculate.

Hope this helps.

Pam

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.