When should I try again?

Home Forums Medical Students When should I try again?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eeh2004eeh2004
    Participant

I am just finishing my 2nd year of med school and getting ready to start my 3rd. To make a long story short, I had a miscarriage right after my final exams and right before the USMLE Step 1. My dilemma now is deciding when to try to get pregnant again. I would love start again NOW but common sense is telling me to wait until late this year, which would put my due date in my 4th year. My husband says it’s up to me, and I just can’t figure out what I want to do. Any suggestions? :confused:

cralphcralph
    Participant

first off i would like to say im so sorry for your loss. im in my 4th year now and just had my first baby in may. i wanted to have a little time between having him and internship. are you planning on taking any time off?? that might play in to your decision.

eeh2004eeh2004
    Participant

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your reply. I have actually miscarried again since I posted (was pregnant then and didn’t know), so my husband and I will be visiting a high-risk OB that I know and adore and will have some extensive testing done. Pretty scary, but hopefully we’ll get some answers. With luck, we’ll have a baby during my 4th year and I’ll take at least 9 weeks off. Congratulations to you and your new baby! How did your med school react to your pregnancy and need for maternity leave?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.