Where’s the romance?

Home Forums Women Physicians Where’s the romance?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    maggie52maggie52
    Participant

Anybody find it hard to be romantic when you spent all day running around the hospital, people coding, bells and buzzers going off, etc?

EM momEM mom
    Participant

Romance? Coming up on our five year aniversary and I can’t remember the meaning of the word!?*>! This is a sad statement I know, and I’m really meaning on working on recapturing the “romance”…right after I finish taking care of our one year old, working full time, putting together a research presentation for a national meeting, reapplying for a new residency spot, making sure the house stays reasonably clean, paying the bills, making sure we have food in the house, etc… On second thought, maybe I’ll just get some sleep!

psychpsych
    Participant

Don’t give up! It is MUCH better now that we are both out of residency. We aren’t at the point of weekly date nights, but we bought season tickets for the opera so we know we will get out for dinner and culture at least 5 times a year. We also have started a new routine of going out to breakfast once a month on a weekday. We set a goal of 3x/week for you know what on specific nights — forget the spontaneity, but then we usually manage at least once or twice, which was actually quite an improvement over residency. Our kids are 2 and 7 now. The last thing is that we do a marriage enrichment weekend at least once a year for a facilitated getaway where someone else structures the topics that we need to talk about — somehow that helps a lot, and gives us a whole weekend away from the kids. The big thing is, don’t stop trying! Anything is better than nothing…

EM momEM mom
    Participant

I must admit, that I since started in the lab (versus clinical residency) things have been much better and I think it is just a time/stress issue. We’ve been meeting for lunch (we work about 2 miles apart) once a week which is great-time without the baby. Also, with all of this craziness with me resigning and seeking a new residency (?Moving?) we’ve been talking LOTS and LOTS. Feels good to know that the communication didn’t go out the window despite the lapse! Now, we just need to think of ways to keep everytihng going when I go back to clinical residency!

psychpsych
    Participant

oops

EM momEM mom
    Participant

Must admit, my darling hubby actually “forgot” our 5 year anniversary last week. He told me he was going upstairs to watch football and I thought it was a joke. I guess the bonus is, after I called him out on it, he felt terrible and I now have roses ALL over my house! Ce la vie!

maggie52maggie52
    Participant

ouch momsurg…
    but the roses are definitely making up for it!

EM momEM mom
    Participant

Yeah, this really made me crazy…at first. Then I realized what had really happened, he remembered that our anniversary was the 10th, just had no clue that that particular Friday was actually the 10th! I guess I can forgive this being that he has never forgotten before, he’s trying his best to make up for it, and we are both under an incredible amount of pressure right now. The roses definately helped…he even had them in our bathroom!

psychpsych
    Participant

m

DONOTDELETE ****DONOTDELETE**
    Participant

Originally posted by momsurg:
    Romance? Coming up on our five year aniversary and I can’t remember the meaning of the word!?*>! This is a sad statement I know, and I’m really meaning on working on recapturing the “romance”…right after I finish taking care of our one year old, working full time, putting together a research presentation for a national meeting, reapplying for a new residency spot, making sure the house stays reasonably clean, paying the bills, making sure we have food in the house, etc… On second thought, maybe I’ll just get some sleep!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.