Which is the best medical school?

Home Forums Debates, Issues & Talk Which is the best medical school?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Dare I ask. Go on, let’s hear it. Which are the best medical schools?

EM momEM mom
    Participant

I may be naive, but I really don’t think there is a BEST medical school, the best medical school is the one that is right for you. And really, what medical school you attend counts FAR less than what residency you choose…although again, as I always point out in my “how to get a residency talk” the “best” residency is the one where you would be the most happy and fit in the best. Good topic, but I think that wherever you feel happy and well-supported is the best medical school!

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

excellent answer!!

amykamyk
    Participant

This reminds me of my father’s computer game, “Best Apple Pie”. He came up with it for a bunch of ed-school students who were coming up with “best” rubrics without bothering to define “best”. As I recall, the game asked them to give the recipe for the best apple pie. The program would accept a recipe and sit in mysterious silence until the student got really frustrated. When everyone was good and mad, the class’s work of defining “best” would begin, to universally unsatisfying — but quite realistic — ends. Eventually they’d have to discard the whole idea of “best” in favor of something everyone could agree on, and they’d go home surly and ready for careers in education. 😀

He didn’t actually last very long in the college of education….Of course, that may have had more to do with his sitting in on a class for elementary science teachers who were giving reports — one man came dressed as a dinosaur and gave a lively report on dinosaur life until my father raised his hand and asked, “Mr. Dinosaur, did you talk to Jesus?”

amy

maggie52maggie52
    Participant

A better question would be, what are the BAD medical schools- and since you can be anonymous on this website maybe someone might actually admit to it! When premeds came thru town inetrviewing they;d stay at our dorm sometimes and tell me about interviewing at CRAPPY schools that were their last choice- I won’t put which one it is…I’ll start a new thread…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.