Who are you? Win a FREE t-shirt!

Home Forums Introductions & Connections Who are you? Win a FREE t-shirt!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Come join us and introduce yourselves! I want to see us at 1000 registered forum members.

Sethina

P.S. I’ll send one random person who joins between now (member 837 – 1000) a FREE MomMD t-shirt!

Sethina1Sethina1
    Participant

Just reminding you “guests” to join us!

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

I know we have some new members. I’d love to hear more about you!! Introduce yourselves!

Sethina

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

I dunno Sethina, they seem to be busy chatting elsewhere! Maybe you need to pass that t-shirt my way! :goodvibes:

Theresa

Irene AdlerIrene Adler
    Participant

I just became member number 916–can I have a t-shirt? 😉

I am 30 years old, in my fourth year of teaching middle school science, and applying to medical school this year. My mother is a physician who started her practice when I finished college. I’m planning on taking over the ‘family business’

ellieellie
    Participant

Cool Irene! Very cool!
    I have always said that if I hadn’t gone into medicine, I would teach 4th-6th grade sciences! I was able to teach 4th graders science in an inner city school in Atlanta in college. Loved it. Captivated audience.
    Best wishes to you.

T-shirt??? We are almost at 1000!!!!! :rotfl:

seaworthcseaworthc
    Participant

933 checking in!!

as I posted on another thread, I am probably one of the younger members of this site at 23. I am currently a civil engineer designing levees in New Orleans and will be attending med school this fall. I plan on attending UT Houston if Baylor doesn’t come through. as for choice of specialty, I’m thinking some kind of surgery, ortho if I do well enough on Step 1 (ex-college soccer player+engineer)

I’m the oldest of 6 kids, the youngest is 9 and my baby practically. both my parents are docs (mom is ID, dad cardiologist) so I have a lot to live up to in the coming years. this will be new for me because as the oldest I have always blazed the trail for those behind me. now I know why they resent me so much sometimes as my parents accomplishments loom in front of me. and no, I’m not going into medicine due to their pressure, they actually discouraged it, but now they are very excited for me.

sooo, I’m probably most useful for those moms out there who are worried about not being able to do it all. I just want to say you can, and your children will respect you and look up to you. just give them lots of love and teach them about your passion for your job. my mom originally didn’t want to have kids because she loved medicine so much. I’m glad she changed her mind 😀

well, I guess that is it for now, if that isn’t a t-shirt winning response, I don’t know what is…….. :p

(wow, this is ALMOST as satisfying as posting on SDN 😉 )

ellieellie
    Participant

Welcome aboard seaworth!!!!
    Best wishes to you in your up coming challenges! One piece of advice if you are seriously considering ortho is to try to get in there and shadow. I know that there is a female ortho resident that should be a rising cheif this next year. And if I remember correctly, she has a family. She too started her grown up life in a different world. I think in the stock market. Can’t remember her name, but look her up. She would be a good one to meet up with for some inside scoopage. Otherwise, just contact some of the ortho folks wherever you end up in school. Most all of them were very receptive to it when I was in that stage.
    WElcome to the crew!
    Ellie

katierosekatierose
    Participant

hi everyone!

I’m number 900. I’m a second year medical student, and I’ve been checking this forum constantly when I *really* should be studying path!

I’m a non-traditional student, having had a short career in finance before deciding to go to medical school. I did a post-bacc program, had an unsuccessful first time applying to medical school, applied again, and got in! I really enjoy this forum, because I hope to have children in about 4-5 years, and it’s nice to find out how everyone else out there manages.

Katie

katierosekatierose
    Participant

ps – could someone tell me what “ID” stands for, as a specialty? I’ve seen that a few times on this site, and for the life of me cannot figure out what it means!

drmoo55drmoo55
    Participant

ID = Infectious disease

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Anyone else there???

JumpuJumpu
    Participant

We’re 15 away from that magic number. I’m already clearing space in my closet for that highly coveted free-T! (I so need this, have so little happening on the medschool front!) How about tossing a pity-T this way? :wave:

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Good tries everyone!! Don’t forget if you can’t wait just buy one from here http://www.cafeshops.com/mommd/

Sethina

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

Originally posted by sethina:
    [QB]Come join us and introduce yourselves! I want to see us at 1000 registered forum members.

Sethina
    [QB]

Only one more to go!!!!! :hyper:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.