Who is in the class of 2007?

Home Forums Medical Students Who is in the class of 2007?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

I know that some of you have been accepted so I wanted to start a list of who is starting med school next year. Please list your school also…and congratulations to all! :goodvibes:

DanaDana
    Participant

I was accepted to Michigan State U College of Human Medicine! :hyper: Can’t wait until August. Does anyone know what I need to buy for medical school? Do I need a PDA? Nasal illuminator? :confused: Any suggestions? Congrats to all those accepted this time around.

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

Originally posted by Dana:
    Does anyone know what I need to buy for medical school? Do I need a PDA? Nasal illuminator? :confused: Any suggestions? Congrats to all those accepted this time around.

I wouldn’t buy anything until you get to school (unless they tell you to). You don’t know what you’ll really use until you get there. Also, on the medical equipment, sometimes you get some significant group discounts through the school or bookstore.

If you’re soooo excited that you have to get something here are some ideas. You can always ask the school what you should get. At my school we had to get our own microscope, but it had to meet specifications set by the histology professor. The school sent out the information. Very few in my class use PDAs, although some are talking about getting one before rotations. They’re holding off so that they can get an up-to-date one then. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe during the summer you can get a list of the textbooks for the fall to see if you can get your hands on some used ones through amazon or some other site.

🙂

Other than that, just relax & try to enjoy yourself between now and the start of school!

littleMDlittleMD
    Participant

I was accepted to my first choice medical school, Mount Sinai School of Medicine!!!! :goodvibes: I am so thrilled and honored. I cannot wait! And I am really excited to be living in NYC, the greatest city in the world!

One thing I would suggest for those of you starting M1 in 2003 is to get the book, “The Med School Survival Guide” by Jennifer Dank, MD. It is an excellent and inspiring book for any med student.

Best of luck to you all 🙂

lorilori
    Participant

I was also accepted at my school of choice, Pennsylvania College of Osteopathic Medicine! Cannot wait until August 🙂

exciteddoexciteddo
    Participant

I have been accepted to my first choice school also, Oklahoma State University – College of Osteopathic Medicine! Congratulations to all of you “class of 2007-ers.” 😉

excited do

SuzzyQSuzzyQ
    Participant

😀
    wooohhoooo everyone!!! congrats congrats!! we all ROCK!!

I got my first choice, Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine in Lubbock Texas. It’s in the middle of nowhere but thats just fine with me!

I am super Psyched and ready to go RIGHT NOW!!!! :cloud9:

Again, congratulations to everyone! :grouphug:
    Emily

leilaleila
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m new. I know this site is for medical students only but I needed some information from any of you guys. I’m a premed taking the April 2003 Mcat and I was wondering if any of you had purchased any of the AAMC practice tests. If you have them, I’d like to buy them from you at a bargain price. I checked out e-bay, and people are fighting for them like crazy! 😮
    I already have a good Kaplan Mcat review book but I wanted to get my hands on some extra practice tests.
    Thanks. 🙂

Jenny_dup1Jenny_dup1
    Participant

Hi Everyone. Like, Emily, I am headed to Texas Tech in the fall.

cafe ahnancafe ahnan
    Participant

Message for leila (sorry to hijack thread but leila’s email/PM option is disabled).

Leila: i have the AAMC practice tests available (IV, V, and VI) done in pencil. Please email or PM me.

Originally posted by leila:
    [b]Hi,
    I’m new. I know this site is for medical students only but I needed some information from any of you guys. I’m a premed taking the April 2003 Mcat and I was wondering if any of you had purchased any of the AAMC practice tests. If you have them, I’d like to buy them from you at a bargain price. I checked out e-bay, and people are fighting for them like crazy! 😮
    I already have a good Kaplan Mcat review book but I wanted to get my hands on some extra practice tests.
    Thanks. 🙂 [/b]

engineerMDengineerMD
    Participant

I’m headed to Baylor College of Med. in the fall… 😀

Congrats to all to Class of 2007ers!

spacecadetspacecadet
    Participant

Me too – starting orientation at Baylor on July 28!

Pam

swhookswhook
    Participant

Like Emily and Jenny, I’m stating at Texas Tech. I was an Early Decision applicant so Tech was my first and only choice. Good luck to all and I look forward to meeting up with Emily and Jenny.
    Shelly

emomdocemomdoc
    Participant

I, too, did the EDP and will be attending Wayne State in the fall. Having known I was in since October 1st has made time seem to go by unbearably slow! Too much time on my hands right now… wish that first day of classes would get here! Suffering a lot of fear of the unknown and hearing too much from the pessimists around me about how impossible it will be for me to go to medical school with a family.

AnotherJenAnotherJen
    Participant

My husband and I live in Massachussetts, and I’ve been accepted to Tufts! So we don’t have to move!! I’m still waiting to hear back from UMass, which is probably still my first choice, even though it would be a bit of a commute… But it is such a relief to know that all of these many years of hard work have paid off, and we’re on our way…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.