won’t change her clothes

Home Forums Family & Parenting won’t change her clothes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Silly problem really. My 2 1/2 year old refuses to wear nothing but a few outfits, which I am sick of the site of. She also insists upon wearing summer clothes (shorts etc) when it’s cold out. We have these brand new beautiful clothes sitting in the drawer, I’m irritated! Any suggestions??

Sethina

Med4MomMed4Mom
    Participant

Learn to live with it….hee hee.

Really though, I think kids at this age have very little that they can “control”, and this is one thing that occurs to them early on. My policy is to let them wear ANYTHING when we are just staying home (and I mean NOTHING is off-limits, including bikinis in January and slinky lingerie from their dress-up box). But then in return, they have to agree to wear what I want when we go out in public. After they get the hang of this, they tend to get fairly compliant. And boy is it funny to see reactions when company drops by our house unexpectedly…. :rotfl:

TayoTayo
    Participant

My child does this also. When your home just start showing her the clothes all of them telling her this one is pretty and that. Only pick out the group you plan for her to wear hide the others. This what I do and she falls in love with the same clothes I want her to wear. IT worked with both children. The key is to do on the day that this is not an issue. They remember them when its time to go during the week.
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.