Work and studies..

Home Forums Premed Students Work and studies..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mehakmehak
    Participant

Hi there, I work in the mornings and have little flexibility in my work schedule. I have decided to go to school to meet the pre-reqs for the madical school and it turns out to be that i can take only certain classes in the evenings. I need some guidance from all of you on these issues:
    – Can I take online classes and just go to school for lab part only (our local community college offers that)
    – I won’t be able to take full time classes, do you think it will be OKAY for me to go part-time? I have heard that the medical schools prefer students who were full time students over the ones who went to school part time. How true it that?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

minawillminawill
    Participant

Hi, Mehak.

Before you sign up for those classes, try and schedule some appointments at a couple of med schools you’d be interested in applying to and see what they have to say about this. Schools vary a good deal in terms of what they seek in a student. For example, some schools would recommend you keep working full time and class part time. Other schools like to see students that do research/volunteer/work part time and go to school full time. I don’t know how schools look upon online science classes, though.

Best,
    mina

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.