worries about Chemistry and pre-med plans

Home Forums Premed Students worries about Chemistry and pre-med plans

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    angeheilangeheil
    Participant

Hello All–
    Im new to this site!

I was wondering if anyone can give me advice…

I am a senior in college and I want to go to medical school.
    I spent my frosh year in SD and then transferred up to LA. I did not do well in my science classes in SD (receiving a C- for Chem and a C for Calc).

Anyway, I guess I have to wait a few years before I apply to med schools b/c I still have to take my pre-req science classes (b/c I am a Music major). So far I have only taken 1 year of Bio w/lab (did well in)and 1 semester of Chem and Calculus (did very badly in). This Fall 02 I am planning on taking gen Chem. I am really worried that this class with drop my gpa. So far at this college I transferred to… I have maintained at least a 3.9
    The last time I took Chem frosh year… I did horribly… even with much tutoring and studying.

Can anyone refer any good study aids or study skills that may help me better understand and learn Chemistry?
    I would greatly appreciate your help. THANKS

-Angelique

Future Mom MDFuture Mom MD
    Participant

Angelique what I did when I took chemistry this summer was to make sure that I reinforced what he lectured on that evening. That meant doing lots of homework and practice problems that I pulled off of the internet with answer sheets to them.

Before doing that, I made a low D on my first test and a 48 F on the second test. I eventually started passing the tests with As and Bs and passed by final with a 95 -A. I passed the course with a B.

Sheretta

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.