Ambulatory Care in a Hospital Setting
Seeking a BE/BC internal or family medicine physician or nurse practitioner for a full-time position at the Oregon State Hospital in Salem, OR. This is an excellent opportunity to join a medical team providing ambulatory primary care services to a chronically under-served population: adults with severe and persistent mental illness, hospitalized by court order for long-term treatment.
Your colleagues will include the dedicated group of family physicians and FNPs in our medical clinic, as well as a strong and well-staffed team of attending psychiatrists and PMHNPs. Other on-site services include laboratory and pharmacy, dentistry, X-ray, physical and occupational therapy. OSH collaborates with nearby medical specialists, and the local Emergency Department is just minutes away.
You will enjoy:
- Great work/life balance
- Employed position with a generous compensation and benefits package, not based on productivity
- Adequate time to spend with patients
- On-call opportunity that is voluntary and compensated separately
- Dedicated billing/coding team, so you can focus on patient care
- Life in the beautiful Pacific Northwest: hiking, skiing, boating, and a variety of entertainment opportunities are all nearby
We are looking for:
- Board-eligible or board-certified internal or family medicine physician or experienced FNP
- Passion for advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and treating people from diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations