Director of Nursing
Since 1980, Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland has been recognized for our strong commitment to providing the best retirement living for our residents. We are among the most respected names in older adult living and we are strongly devoted to our mission.
As a not-for profit organization, Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland operates two Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Nursing overseeing Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living at The Lutheran Village at Miller’s Grant (LVMG), Ellicott City, MD community. The Director of Nursing will serve as the Case Manager Delegating Nurse and MDS nurse for the nursing unit. tor will serve a vital role in overseeing nursing care for assisted living and long-term care.
The Director of Nursing leads an interdisciplinary team of clinicians and professionals that deliver quality care and support to residents in our 12-bed Skilled Nursing and 20-suite Assisted Living facility, as well participating in supporting our residential living residents. As the Director of Nursing at The Lutheran Village at Miller’s Grant, you would lead a 5-star rated skilled nursing program that is in the planning stages to expand and develop the heath care center’s capacity and services. In addition, The Lutheran Village at Miller’s Grant is recognized by U.S. News & World Report's Best Nursing Homes for short term rehabilitation.
* We are willing to pay for license transfer fees if license if registered in another state! Plus - All the great incentives you receive as an LVMG Team Member!
A strong total compensation package including:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Time Off
- Generous contributions to a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Short -Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Professional Development
- Use of our on-site Fitness Center and Indoor Pool
- Tuition Reimbursement and Excellent Scholarship Opportunities
- A strong culture of caring, collaboration, and support
- Direct the day-to-day operations of The Lutheran Village at Miller’s Grant’s 12 bed Health Care Center and a 20 suite Assisted Living program in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Oversees daily clinical operations of both units, infection control prevention and accurate completion of the healthcare MDS.
- The ideal candidate possesses strong leadership qualities and a “coach” persona to lead and motivate the nursing team.
- Work closely with the Director of Healthcare Services/LNHA, Medical Director, and with the entire interdisciplinary team as a collaborative team member.
- Current RN license in the state of Maryland.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- 5+ years’ Administrator experience with Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Short-Term Rehabilitation, and/or Assisted Living environments.
- Strong working knowledge of reimbursement regulations, nursing practices and procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to long-term care administration and assisted living administration.
- Experience in a Person-Centered Care model.
- A strong desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way.
- Superb organizational, management, budget, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively with a large team.
- Current Case Manager Delegating nurse experience preferred.
- MDS experience preferred.
*All new team members will need to receive a COVID-19 vaccine within the first 90 days of hire.