Family Nurse Practitioner
NOW HIRING: NURSE PRACTITIONERS
JOB LOCATION: 6633 E Highway 290, Austin TX 78723
COMPANY: Family Medicine Austin provides Comprehensive Preventive, Diagnostic, and Chronic Disease Management for individuals and families throughout the Austin, Texas area.
- Searching for Nurse Practitioners to join us in our mission to provide diagnostic based healthcare in our fast-paced environment! Our ideal candidate will be a Nurse Practitioner with two years’ experience in Family Practice; a Provider who can deliver primary medical care to a wide variety of patients. The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for caring for patients, maintaining accurate and current patient records and scheduling, and administering follow-up appointments to patients as required. The successful candidate will work as a team with our Physicians and medical Assistants and will assist in delivering premium care to each patient.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Physically examine patients; perform initial patient screenings and patient history and physical examinations.
- Conduct health assessments including recording complete medical history.
- Record symptoms; update patient records timely and check records for accuracy at each patient appointment.
- Order and interpret laboratory test results.
- Perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- Make diagnoses; analyze test data and determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options.
- Develop a treatment plan that may include applicable therapies.
- Follow up on a patient to determine the effectiveness of recommended treatments.
- Deliver quality care while maintaining a schedule of 16 – 22 patients in an 8-Hour Shift.
- Serve as the resource patients need for ongoing care information, counseling and provide guidance for any patients with critical conditions.
- Provide patient education to promote habits that will prevent diseases and maintain good health.
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers, including physicians and nurses.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
NOW HIRING: THREE NURSE PRACTITIONERS
- Standard Hours: Mondays – Fridays 8a – 5p.
- Twelve Hour Shifts: Varied Schedule including three 12-Hour Shifts.
- Evening & Weekends: Mondays – Fridays 3:30p – 7:30p & 6-Hour Saturdays.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Family Medicine Austin | Facebook
- Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Valid Nurse Practitioner license.
- Two years Nurse Practitioner experience.
- Ability to work within a team and take direction.