Family Practice / Functional Wellness Physician
NOW HIRING: Family Practice / Functional Wellness Physician
JOB LOCATION: 6633 E Highway 290, Austin TX 78723
COMPANY: Family Medicine Austin provides Comprehensive Preventive, Diagnostic, and Chronic Disease Management for individuals and families throughout the Austin, Texas area.
We are seeking MDs who are board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine to be part of a Collaborative partnership with our NP's. If you are a Family Physician who wants to practice medicine in a setting that emphasizes prevention, wellness, and patient involvement, we want to talk with you. Join a health care organization where the emphasis is on health outcomes, not patient volume and billing.
The Family Physician is responsible for providing primary care services, conducting onsite health risk assessments, providing wellness education, supporting individual lifestyle changes, and helping individuals manage their chronic conditions.
The position may also be responsible for the oversight of the care delivered by the clinical team within the Clinic. Maintaining a collaborative relationship with the center’s staff is a key ingredient to success in this position.
FMA promotes a culture of health and wellness in everything we do. It is for this reason we seek to hire individuals who embrace wellness and model healthy behaviors in their own lives. We are proud to be a drug and tobacco free company. We value the richness diversity brings to our workforce and are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and provider (EOE). The selected candidate must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
VACCINATION NOT REQUIRED ~ MOVE TO SUNNY AUSTIN TEXAS!
- You Will Not Be Asked to Disclose Vaccination Status.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising Physician; direct, review, teach, and support the work of our Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to ensure that appropriate treatment is provided consistent with state law and company philosophy.
- Supervising Providers
- Physically examine patients; perform initial patient screenings and patient history and physical examinations.
- Conduct health assessments including recording complete medical history
- Record symptoms; update patient records and check records for accuracy at each patient appointment
- Order and interpret laboratory test results
- Make diagnoses; analyze test data and determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options
- Develop a treatment plan that may include applicable therapies
- Follow up on a patient to determine the effectiveness of recommended treatments
- Deliver quality care while maintaining all company metrics pertaining to productivity
- Serve as the resource patients need for ongoing care information, counseling and provide guidance for any patients with critical conditions
- Provide patient education to promote habits that will prevent diseases and maintain good health
- Standard Hours: Mondays – Fridays 8a – 5p.
- Twelve Hour Shifts: Varied Schedule including three 12-Hour Shifts.
- Evening & Weekends: Mondays – Fridays 3:30p – 7:30p & 6-Hour Saturdays.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- $180,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance, paid time off
SOCIAL MEDIA: Family Medicine Austin | Facebook
- Excellent communication skills with a focus on physician-patient interaction.
- Active medical license in Texas.
- Willing to provide direct client care.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Unrestricted medical license required
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Must have primary care/family practice experience
- Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience required
- You should believe in making a difference and believe in quality decisions, great communication, collaboration, and instilling trust to lead a great wellness program