Nurse Practitioner – Intensive Care Units *5K Sign on Bonus!
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
Opportunities available across multiple Critical Care Units including Cardiac ICU, Medical ICU, Medical/Surgical ICU and Neonatal ICU.
The Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for:
- First-line care of patients in ICU settings, including assessment, diagnosis, pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, bedside procedures, and family centered care of patients and their families.
- Consulting in an interdisciplinary manner on all assigned inpatients during daily rounds and managing assigned patients throughout the course of the day.
- Participating in ongoing research and quality improvement initiatives, as well as facilitation of patient/family and multidisciplinary team education.
To qualify, you must have:
- A minimum of 2 years of Pediatric/Neonatal ICU RN experience.
- 1-2 years of Pediatric acute care NP experience is preferred.
- Family, Pediatric or Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (FNP,PNP,NNP).
- BLS and PALS/ACLS Certification
In this position, you will be part of the esteemed Critical Care team at our leading-edge Hale Clinical Building, expected to open in early 2022. Though this is a future opportunity, we are hiring and training for all team members prior to the building’s opening.
*Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 for full-time NP hires (who have not worked at BCH in the past 2 years.)
For hires made after 11/3/21.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.