RN Infection Preventionist/Educator
Since 1980, Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland has been recognized for our strong commitment to providing the best possible life for all residents. We are among the most respected names in older adult living and we are strongly devoted to do our best to serve and support our senior adults every day! As a not-for-profit organization, Lutheran Social Ministries of Maryland operates two continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs), Westminster, MD and Ellicott City, MD.
We are currently seeking an Registered Nurse -Infection Prevention and Educator who can work flexible shift for our Westminster, MD community. The Carroll Lutheran Village RN Unit Manager is a central part of our health care network team, who is responsible for the facility infection prevention and control program (IPCP), which is designed to provide a safe, sanitary, and comfortable environment and to help prevent the development and transmission of communicable diseases and infections.
* For a limited time we are offering a $3,000 Hiring Incentive plus All these great incentives you get as a CLV Team Member!
A strong total compensation package including:
- Competitive Wages
- Tuition Reimbursement and Excellent Scholarship Opportunities
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short -Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Generous contributions to a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Paid Professional Development
- Use of our on-Site Fitness Center and Indoor Pool
- An even stronger culture of caring, collaboration, and support!
- Gather and analyze infection data to make evidence-based decisions
- Educate medical staff and public health professionals on infection prevention protocols to facilitate emergency preparedness
- Isolate and treat infected individuals to contain the spread of infectious diseases
- Assist with the development of action plans in case of a community or hospital outbreak to minimize the potentially devastating impact
- Plan, develop, and implement our Infection Prevention program
- Ensure facility compliance with current infection prevention regulations and guidelines
- Maintain infection prevention education materials and references
- Registered Nursing degree from an accredited college or university required
- Current Maryland Registered Nurse License required
- Minimum 1 year experience in a health-related facility
- Experience in supervision and education of nursing practices
*All new team members will need to receive a COVID-19 vaccine within the first 90 days of hire.