Telehealth Nurse Practitioner
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our Clinical Team is a group of caring and passionate professionals dedicated to improving the lives of our members by conducting both telehealth and in-home visits. At Clover we’ve risen to the challenge of providing high quality care during the Coronavirus pandemic by expanding our telehealth capabilities. We’re looking for someone to join us in providing cutting edge and patient-centered wellness visits for our members. This role is temporarily remote due to COVID-19 but will transition back to geo-targeted in-home visits when clinically appropriate post pandemic, likely in 2021.
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP), you will use telehealth to conduct health assessments (Clover Care Visits) on enrolled Medicare Advantage members. You may also conduct follow-up visits for the subset of Clover members recently discharged from a hospital or postacute care facility. Post- hospital visits may be in person where clinically appropriate. Assignment of visits will be based on staff availability and member needs. Visits will include comprehensive assessment of member health histories and current health care needs requiring further care coordination and management.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will:
- Deliver preventive care to Clover members remotely via Clover’s proprietary software platform as well as third video apps (Doxy.me, Facetime, Zoom, WhatsApp, GoogleDuo, KakaoTalk) as needed.
- Complete a comprehensive review and assessment of a member's medical history, physical health, environment and psycho-social status
- Document progress notes, prepare member workups and encounter summaries using Clover's proprietary mobile application.
- Help at-risk members transition from the hospital and other facilities to their own home.
- Create personalized care plans in coordination with the member's primary care physician.
- Actively close gaps in care, which may include ordering labs, writing prescriptions with collaboration of the Primary Care Provider or collaborating physician, and coordinating physician follow up.
- Perform point of care labs and diagnostic testing, such as A1c and microalbumin testing and spirometry.
- Activities will support Clover Care Visit program goals including accurate documentation of member health conditions, high performance on federal quality measures, and successful referral to network providers and internal Clover clinical teams to improve care and outcomes.
- Coordinate and communicate with members’ interdisciplinary care teams
- Participate in regular ongoing training and meetings remotely.
You will love this job if:
- You have excellent clinical skills with knowledge of long-term care, geriatrics and chronic illness.
- You communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- You have terrific customer experience skills.
- You are tech savvy. Comfortable with using electronic health data, documenting in EMR’s, and utilizing video technology for telehealth visits.
- You are comfortable with a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt to change and deal effectively with stress.
You should get in touch if:
- You are based in the state of New Jersey, required
- You are certified as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in specialty areas (required).
- You hold current unencumbered NJ Licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- You have an active DEA and CDS registration
- You have minimum of 1 year experience as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- You graduated with a Bachelor’s degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing.
- You have a Master’s degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or graduate of post Master’s certificate program for Nurse Practitioner.
- You have a current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- You have home care experience, preferred