Top 10 Medical School Interview Questions
Here’s a list compiled over the years of commonly asked questions encountered during medical school interviews.
There is a fantastic post on the StudentDoc Medical School Interview Forum with over 140 sample questions and advice on the interview.
Top 10 Questions
10. What do you do if you suspect a colleague (another doc) is abusing drugs?
9. Rank intelligence, compassion, and integrity in the order of importance to you.
8. Why a physician? Why not nursing?
7. What part of your CV are you most proud of?
6. What made you go into medicine?
5. Tell me about yourself. (Don’t give a complete life history. Summarize the key points in a chronological manner and sprinkle with few details in your more recent history.)
4. Why did you volunteer where you did? (See Sample Interview Question Video: Volunteering)
3. Who are your heroes/role models and why? (See Sample Interview Question Video: Role models)
2. Why did you apply to this medical school? (See Sample Interview Question Video: Why this medical school)
And the No. 1 most commonly asked question during medical school interviews is …
1. Why do you want to be a doctor? (Give several key points in summary form. Replace very general responses like, “I want to help people,” with more specific intentions.)
Next article: Inappropriate medical school interview questions