Medical student resources
The following resources are available for our medical student visitors. Find information on everything from taking the USMLE, to when to have a baby. Articles include: writing your residency personal statement; information for international medical graduates; having a baby during medical school; breastfeeding and call; and, future career options. Connect with thousands of medical students in our medical student forum and chat about issues such as, choosing a specialty, handling the work load and when to have a family.
Medical Student Education
- Finding Time to Study – Tips from Other Student Moms
- Tips for New & Incoming Medical Students
- Residency Personal Statement – Tips for writing one.
- USMLE – Test strategies, 60 test sampler questions, and much more.
- Recommended USMLE books.
- Info for international medical graduates
- COMLEX – For osteopathic students, test yourself with over 60 sample COMLEX questions or find a review course near you
- Is your school a family friendly medical school?
- Match scramble – one physician’s story.
USMLE prep resources
- Complete MomMD USMLE Resource Page
- USMLE Step 1
- USMLE Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK)
- USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS)
- USMLE Step 3
- USMLE Scores
- USMLE Registration
- Any New USMLE Test Changes
- Eligibility for the USMLE Exams
Free Practice & Demos
Strategies & Tips
- USMLE Flashcards – Leitner system
- USMLE Preparation
- Test taking tips for the week before the USMLE
- USMLE test taking strategies
- Understanding USMLE distractors