Premed resources (2)
- MomMD’s MCAT Tips and Tricks Guide.
- MCAT Scores – what do they mean? Here’s a tool that lets you compare your MCAT scores to admissions data for US medical schools.
- MCAT Test Sections – how the MCAT is organized, how many questions on the MCAT?
- Concepts and skills assessed on the Physical and Biological Science sections of the MCAT
- Concepts and skills assessed on the Verbal section of the MCAT
- Concepts and skills assessed on the Writing Sample section of the MCAT
- MCAT prep advice from test prep experts
- MCAT Flashcards based on the Leitner system
- MCAT Prep Courses including Kaplan, Princeton Review, and free online courses.
- MCAT Registration.
- New MCAT Computer Based Test.
- Medical Minority Applicant Registry.
- AMCAS – American Medical College Application Service.
- How hard is the MCAT? Thoughts about the MCAT from an admissions expert.
- Recommended MCAT books.
- MCAT Timing
The Admissions Essay
- Medical school personal statement – secrets for a successful personal statement.
- Advice for older medical school applicants
- Applicants with research backgrounds
- Personal Statements for Non-Science Majors
- How to write a great application essay
- Essay Tips
Step One – Brainstorming ideas for an AMCAS essay
Step Two – Selecting an AMCAS essay topic
Step Three – Writing and editing the AMCAS essay, tips for success
- Sample Essays
Medical school application essay – How I will make an excellent physician
Medical school application essay – Mother of two, personal story
More medical school essays
Medical School Directories
- Medical school directory – allopathic medical schools in the U.S., with a medical school ranking and search tool.
- DO schools – a complete directory of osteopathic medical schools in the U.S.
The Medical School Interview
- Tips and thoughts for the interview
- Medical school interview questions – how to prepare and do well in your med school interview