Woman of the Month Award! MomMD – Connecting Women in Medicine
MomMD wants to honor and acknowledge the strength of women in medicine, and is proud to announce the Woman of the Month Award. There is no prize, just the honor of being selected. You can enter yourself or nominate someone else (if they choose not to be listed, another person may be chosen). If you win, your name, photo (if available) and story will be shared with the thousands of women who visit MomMD each month. Monthly winners will be entered into the MomMD Woman of the Year competition, where MomMD members will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite woman.
To enter, please answer the following questions and email them to MomMD.
1. Your name, age and professional status (i.e. premed, student, doctor, etc).
2. Describe your background, professional and personal.
3. Number and ages of your children
4. City and state where you live
5. Describe what you do… what’s your typical day? What’s your favorite thing about what you do.
6. Biggest challenges/obstacles you overcame or face each day. How do you deal with these challenges/obstacles?
7. How do you balance career/study and family?
8. What mistakes have you made along your journey? Why? What would you have done differently?
9. Why do you think you deserve to be woman of the month?
10. What advice do you have for other women in medicine?
MomMD staff, volunteers and advisors are not eligible to participate – sorry! Submissions are subject to the usual MomMD terms and conditions, found here. Entries will be judged by a panel of MomMD staff and experts.